Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 21:26:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/17062: 4.0-20000214-CURRENT: navigator-4.7 port misses X libraries

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Jeremy Lea wrote:

# I've been thinking...  Can we make a binary package of old 2.2.8 a.out X
# libs and put them somewhere and then make a port of them.  That way they
# will appear in a PLIST, we can depend on them, and we can remove some
# complexity (and time) from the XFree86 build.
#
# Also, I'm beginning to think that some of the instability in Netscape
# 4.7 is due to having newer libraries than were used for compiling.

4.72 seems to require the latest set of libraries from 3.3.6 just
in the a.out format.

# If someone has libraries, I'll make a port.

I like this idea!  Give me a few minutes and I'll have a fresh
set built that you can have.

-steve