Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:21:36 -0400
From:      Mike Makonnen <mtm@identd.net>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regression in libthr on ia64

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:07:51 -0700
Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net> wrote:

> > There was a window of opportunity (several hours) yesterday where the
> > interface to sigtimedwait was changed but libthr was not.
>
> I kept close track of that. The library I used is guaranteed the
> latest. Rebuilt today, with no new commits. Kernel has been built
> after the signal changes, with no significant commits not included.

I should have added: libthr tries to play nice with old kernels that have the
broken sigtimedwait semantics. But, it relies on the FreeBSD version, which was
not changed with the kernel changes, but rather with the libthr changes. Your
kernel must be either before the kernel sigtimedwait changes OR after the
libthr changes but not inbetween.

in pseudo math:  :-)
kernel < kernel sigtimedwait changes OR kernel > libthr changes

Cheers.
--
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc
mtm@identd.net | D228 1A6F C64E 120A A1C9  A3AA DAE1 E2AF DBCC 68B9