Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:48:04 -0500
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Wan-Teh Chang <wtchang@redhat.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com, glennrp@imagemagick.org
Subject:   Re: Does Mozilla trunk build successfully on FreeBSD?

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 11:45 pm, Wan-Teh Chang wrote:
= Mikhail reported that he can build NSS 3.11 using
= FreeBSD's ports system successfully. šI am wondering
= why.

Probably, because the port:

	a) uses the libc's implementation of dbm;
	b) has patches for a lot of not-so-minor warnings;
	c) uses nspr port, which has its set of patches.

The patches are available to all at:

	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/nspr/files/
	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/nss/files/

The latter directory will be updated soon with the patches for 3.11 -- I'm
polishing it up before sending to gnome@ for testing.

That said, my offer of an account on my aldan.algebra.com (FreeBSD/amd64)
still stands -- you can try building unpatched nss-3.11 for yourself and do
whatever investigations you need.

Yours,

	-mi