Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 95 14:37:50 +0100
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        mphag%aol.com@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Cc:        questions%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Subject:   Re: popclient

> When I try to use popclient (from the ports section) I get an error that
> says "ls.so: warning: libc.so.2.1: minor version < 2 expected"
> what does this mean?

it means your popclient was linked with a more recent version of libc than you
have installed. popclient will probably still work.

> Also when I try to connect to my popserver I get
> an error that says: "popclient: openmailpipe: exec: No such file or
> directory"  What is the program looking for and how can I correct this?

the config.h file in popclient is not set up correctly for FreeBSD. It expects
to find mail in /usr/bin and we have it on /bin (or the other way around).
You can just make a symbolic link to mail in the directrory where popclient
expects to find mail, e.g. ln -s /bin/mail /usr/bin/mail.

I would suggest that you re-make popclient from the port and fix config.h
to match what FreeBSD wants. This is what I did and popclient works just fine.

Gary J