Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 2021 17:53:27 +0000 (UTC)
From:      doug <doug@fledge.watson.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   tcsh oddity

I recently had to restore my workstation. As it happened I did not restore
the /usr/share/skel files, .history is what my question is about. As you
know <esc>p will match commands earlier typed in with the pattern on the
line. There are a couple of commands I type incessantly. <esc>p did not
pick these up immediately, but after a while it has "learned" about the
commands. However this works it does not seem to be via .commands. Does
anyone know how tcsh starts "remembering" repeated commands?

Doug