Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 00:25:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      dan <dan@joshua.sns.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error: C:2502 > 1023 (BIOS limit)?

Greetings all! Installment 3 of the installation from hell! Thank you all
for the help thus far! Well after a couple days of "Bad144 Maximum 126 bad
blocks per slice" I have mapped the drive around all the bad locations (In
retrospect it would have been way easier/better/costeffective to buy a new
unit... but hey, reduce reuse recycle...) and tossed in 64 megs of memory.
Installation has finally completed successfully, and once I rebooted the
box I was greeted by:

Boot:
dosdev= 80, biodrive = 0,unit = 0, maj  0
Error: C:2502 > 1023 (BIOS limit)

	Is there a way around this? Weeks like these remind me of trying
to get Super Pet (the computer, not the store..) networks running..

	cheers! dan
	dan@sns.org