Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:30:33 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        Yury Tarasievich <grog@grsu.by>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TV tuner in Australia

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:06:26 +0200
Yury Tarasievich <grog@grsu.by> wrote:

YT> behave in FreeBSD? I've never have experience with that kind of
YT> hardware. Do BT8x8 tuners show all (if any) functionality present
YT> under Windows?

	Er, how do they behave under Windows ?

	Under FreeBSD there are a few usable TV applications fxtv,
xawtv and mplayer pretty much covers it - the first two have TV like
interfaces and mplayer does full screen with XVideo - even in the
root window which is neat. I tend to use fxtv for channel flipping
(while alevt reads text pages) and mplayer for watching.

	If you have enough CPU then mencoder and ffmpeg can both act as
soft VCRs - programmable with at and cron :)))

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun