Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 11:20:03 GMT
From:      bart.lateur@skynet.be (Bart Lateur)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dayligh Saving Time in Europe

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000 12:50:04 +0200, Erik Trulsson wrote:

>You actually *do* want CEST. "S" stands for Summer, not Standard.
>The timezones for Belgium are the same as here in Sweden.
>CET (Central European Time) during the winter and CEST (Central European
>Summer Time) during summer.

Oh. Damned. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to check if gmtime
returns the correct answer (2 hours difference?).

So how can I choose plain "CET"? Because every year again, there are
political debates about abandoning this "barbaric" Daylight Saving Time
thing altogether. If this happens, is FreeBSD 3.4 ready for it?

--
	Bart.