Date:      Tue, 09 Apr 1996 18:11:14 -0700
From:      Alex Carlos Braga Antao <e9203125@linf.unb.br>
To:        freebsd@freeBSD.org
Subject:   -->  Login : 8 Carac

Hi,

  Itīs me again.

  Iīve sent a lot of messages about the problems on YP.
  So, Iīve decided to give up (for a while), and returned the original
configuration of login access.

  After copied master.passwd to /etc, I made a pwd_mkdb on it and the new
users didnīt worked. It was the same history :
    I could make a finger on then, but login, chsh, etc didnīt work.

  So, I remembered on an ancient discussion about something of loginnames
 bigger than 8 caracteres. So I decided to cut some caracteres from a
user. Changed it from patriciak to patk.

  After done it, everything worked perfectly. I could login, csh, etc
with that user !
  So the problem was on the length of the loginname.

  What was the solution to habilitate login names bigger  than 8
caracteres ?

Thanks,
--
/ Alex Carlos Braga Antão      \ /_  __                    \