Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2019 00:07:38 -0400
From:      Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble@gmail.com>
To:        "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Working around unsupported Ethernet card with PXE or UEFI?

I suppose he could be asking, in his way, about a type of universal driver
(not unlike ndis used to be).  Not knowing anything about the UEFI
environment, but recalling that PXE requires one of the more restrictive
processor modes ... would make that quite a challenge for a universal
driver.

... but yeah... USB ports are pretty ubiquitous.