Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:53:39 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Build problems for PDF

If memory serves me right, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
> -On [20020328 23:00], Bruce A. Mah (bmah@FreeBSD.ORG) wrote:
> >This looks familiar.  Try updating your ghostscript port to at least
> >ghostscript-gnu-6.52_5 (if applicable)...there was a bug in ps2epsi that
> >caused PDF builds to fail on the releng article.
>
> Ah ok, I guess that might've been the problem on the box at work.  Need to
> check that once I get there on tuesday.
> If so, I think textproc/docproj needs an explicit depends on that
> portversion of ghostscript.

I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do or not...in any case my
ports-fu isn't up to the task.

BTW, if you need to fix this in a hurry, just apply the ps2epsi patch
to the executable Perl script.

> Of course, doing a:
>
> FORMATS="pdf" make in the en_US.ISO8859-1 dir now goes;
>
> /usr/local/bin/epstopdf  --outfile=install/edit-inetd-conf.pdf install/edit-i
> netd-conf.eps
> /usr/bin/touch book.tex-pdf
> /usr/local/bin/ps2pdf book.ps book.pdf
> *** Signal 11
>
> Stop in /usr/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook.
> *** Error code 1
>
> And I have a nice gs backtrace here.  Mmm.

Hmmm.  I've just kicked off one of my doc distribution tests (doc/
release/Makefile) on my 5.0-DP1 test box (the one with a docproj port
built yesterday).  Usually, if something odd happens to the PDF
toolchain, I'll run into it pretty quickly.  Let's see what happens...

Bruce.