Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:05:20 +0200
From:      Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter@inode.at>
To:        Marcin Cieslak <saper@system.pl>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony FX601 freezing (with pcm compiled in)

Hi,

Marcin Cieslak schrieb:
> Michael Bretterklieber (mbretter@inode.at) napisa?(a):
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Upgrading to FreeBSD 5.0-current solved this problem,
>

> I've put my findings on a separe thread on -questions
>
> However, 5.0-current panics at the end of the boot for me. (tried
Try to disable as many drivers as possible in the hardware config (visual)
> various floppies and a CD from 5.0-DP1 till very recent jp snapshot)
I have tried an older snapshot (early DP1), but I haven't installed it
from cd I installed 4-STABLE and then upgradet to 5.0-CURRENT via cvsup
and make world

> Seems like related to 'ltr' bug with a built-in Ethernet.
> Do you have a built-in Ethernet interface? Can you
yes
> try booting -current installation floppy/CD?
I have no CD
> Did you upgrade to -current via source?
yes

BTW: Do you have problems with freezing of this laptop?

bye,
E-mail: Michael.Bretterklieber@jawa.at
JAWA Management Software GmbH
Liebenauer Hauptstr. 200