Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:06:59 +0100
From:      Harald Weis <hawei@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   getmail problem

What could be the cause for the following error message:

SimpleIMAPSSLRetriever:hawei@imap.free.fr:993:
getmail-hawei-rc: operation error (command: LOGIN => socket error: EOF)

This occurs frequently for imap.free.fr, where I have two accounts
(hawei and hawei2),
but never ever for imap.googlemail.com or imap.orange.fr.

Since ages all my mail accounts were pop3 accounts.
The trouble started end of last year. The message was:
"hawei on pop.free.fr is broken". hawei2 was fine as usual.

As Free support was unable to help I converted all accounts
from pop3 to imap to see what happens.
As you see imap is better than "broken", but far from satisfactory.
Sometimes I need to relaunch getmail three or four times.
A single time is already too much for a working system.

Any idea what's going wrong here or there?

Thanks for any help.
--
Harald Weis