Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 1995 09:50:32 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        dennis@et.htp.com (dennis)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bootblocks won't take to IDE HDD

As dennis wrote:

> In  trying to debug a boot problem described earlier I've found that I can't
> change the boot blocks on my IDE HDD. I've done the "make install" from the
> 'i386/boot' directory and then a "disklabel -B wd0" but the old boot blocks
> seem to remain. Running "disklabel -B fd0" seems to work ok. Any ideas?

Did disklabel complain about ``super block size 0'', ``revolutions
per minute 0'', or ``interleave 0''?

Go and fix those errors before (disklabel -e), disklabel will
otherwise refuse to install a bootstrap.

(The reason for the errors is fixed in the -current libdisk, and i
think will also be fixed in the upcoming snap.)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/