Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2013 04:30:10 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Inputs and outputs in the right order

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 21:56:01 -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	I know that expect does a great job of logging a session
> but I am wondering if there is an easier way to get the shell
> input echoed interwoven with all the output. In shorter words,
> what is the easiest way to produce a session log that reads like
> what actually happened when it happened?

Without knowing anything about the design of the script and
its input, I'd guess that something like | tee <filename>
or maybe even /usr/bin/script could work? It highly depends
on what is being echoed / printed to stdout and stderr and
how the script deals with the inputs...

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany