Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 00:33:55 -0400
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   3dfx driver

Okay, I finished the 3dfx driver for freebsd. It works, but no glide support is
available. I am going to write a tiny module to handle ioctl calls from linux
(which are never directly translated without proper setup). Anyway, I need a
cdev major, linux uses 107 and I propose we keep it unless it has been taken
recently. It is newbussified and I parsed through it to abide by style(9). It is
named tdfx, since you can't start a device name with a number (the /dev entry
will still be /dev/3dfx). I also didn't use the voodooN syntax that was in the
old "disappeared" driver, since it is rather long. XFree86 also uses tdfx for
their 3dfx driver.

--
Coleman Kane
President,