Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:47:16 +0900 (KST)
From:      "=?EUC-KR?B?wNPA57T2?=" <jdscol92@hanmail.net>
To:        <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Q]root file system mount(initialization) in booting time.

Hello.

I have some question about filesystem initialization(namely, root filesystem mount) in FreeBSD 4.3.
I can see the message that root file system is mounted.
Then where is the routine that played this role.??

In VFS, I think 'vfsinit()' routine in 'vfs_init.c' file play that role. Right?

(1) SI_SUB_VFS              = 0x4000000,    /* virtual file system*/
(2) SYSINIT(vfs, SI_SUB_VFS, SI_ORDER_FIRST, vfsinit, NULL);

The sysinit_sub_id of VFS is defined in 'enum sysinit_sub_id {}' in 'kernel.h' file like (1).
And VFS is ordered to initialize by 'SYSINIT()' macro in 'vfs_init.c' file like (2).

If that's the case, How is the root file system(e.g. UFS/FFS) mounted in booting time?
Is it like the VFS initialization..?? If so, where ? how?

And then, next question is the order between VFS and root file system initialization.
Is VFS initialization done before root filesystem mount in booting time?
Or vice versa .?

Please, answer me in detail if you possible.
Thanks in advance.

Bye,
JaeDeok.