Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:02:02 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMPNG kernel on UP

In message <200009150600.e8F60Wn02692@grimreaper.grondar.za> Mark Murray writes:
: > I don't know either.  However, it might be because of permission
: > problems.  It will return EINVAL when it can't open the apm file for
: > write.  Maybe a devfs related issue?
:
: I don't have devfs on this system yet.

Odd that.  That's the only place that you can get the error you
reported.  what does ls -l /dev/apm say?

Warner