Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 21:17:52 +0000
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, stanb@awod.com
Subject:   Re: OK, where did rc.local go?

> > 	And whats the "right way" to start the xdm task now?
>
> I always start mine from /etc/ttys, but others scream that this is
> evil.  I don't care.

Last time I tried this it was horribly broken. Worked fine for most
things but I had xterms doing indirect xdmcp to the machine. Xdm
just forked as fast as it could and the xterms never got a chooser.
I presume it is a bug in xdm -nodaemon, but I didn't have time to go
find it. This was in October - YMMV.

	David.