Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 2010 07:56:57 -0800
From:      Stephen Hurd <shurd@sasktel.net>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LinuxBSDos.com article

Matthew Seaman wrote:
> Saying "there's this really great firewall on PC-BSD, but the
> configuration app doesn't let you use it very well" doesn't really
> strike me as a positive statement about PC-BSD.  Perhaps there's an "I
> know what I'm doing" button somewhere yet to be mentioned which enables
> managing more complicated stuff?

That's actually a very good comparison to the best Linux distros... the
only tricks that PC-BSD missed are moving the configuration files into
some unfindable place and re-generating them from a different file that
the GUI generates in yet a a third place on every boot.  Once the
ability to tweak it if you know what you want and how to use the
software is removed and then it will be the equal of the best of Linux
distros.