Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 15:07:41 +0200
From:      "Boyan Nedkov" <bnedkov@home.nl>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions Lists" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   onboard RAID controller (Asus A7V333)

Hi guys,

I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.5 on a brain new hardware system based
on Asus A7V333 motherboard (VIA VT8233A chipset, supporting UltraDMA
133/100/66/33), configured for using two equal 60GB hard disks as a
RAID-0 disk storage. I've tested the system with WinXP and it works
fine. But trying to installing FreeBSD I get an error message "No disk
found ..."
I checked the hardware documentation and found out that the VIA VT8233A
chipset is not supported jet, but perhaps somebody knows a workaround
for such problem ???

Thanks, Boyan

--
Boyan Nedkov