Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 01:28:31 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cross builds and upgrade path from 4.x are broken in usr.bin/file

In message <20010809123057.A2745@sunbay.com> Ruslan Ermilov writes:
: As you have been warned, revisions 1.19 and 1.20 to file/Makefile

This looks like it should work.  I'm starting a build before I head to
bed with the changes to see if they really do work or not.  It is a
little ugly, but not so ugly that I'd object overmuch.

I'd be inclinded to add a small comment to the files Makefile
explaining what build-tools is used for:

# build-tools for cross compilation and system upgrades

maybe.  Otherwise, someone may accidentally break it in one of the
periodic cleaning sweeps we have.

Warner