Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 14:15:53 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cdrecord Problems After Upgrade

On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 03:35:33PM -0400, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> We just upgraded a 3.1-STABLE system to 3.2-STABLE, and now it seems
> that 'cdrecord' is broken. The CDD is found fine during startup,

I don't know anything specific, as I don't use cdrecord on FreeBSD,
but I do know that there were CAM (SCSI subsystem) changes between
3.1 and 3.2.  These changes require recompiling most software that
interacts with SCSI devices directly, such as xmcd and probably
cdrecord.

You should try re-building cdrecord or installing the package that
comes with 3.2.  I suspect that will solve your problem.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * Stay close to the Vorlon.
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           *