Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 01:28:17 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "William Woods" <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO3 into the tree

In message <000101bebc6c$fbcda200$114b93cd@william> "William Woods" writes:
: How does this branch differ from the RELENG_3 branch?

It is FreeBSD 3.2 Release plus the PAO3 project's patches to 3.2.

: Is what you are saying
: that if we want a PAO system, we should change out tag to RELENG_3_2_PAO
: then?

Not necessarily.  Right now it is what I say that it is.

: What special is needed to compile the PAO in to the regular source or
: is all that merged now?

Right now you *should* be able to just rebuild the world with a tree
checked out from the RELENG_3_2_PAO branch and use a kernel from
there.

: Also, how closely will this track the RELENG_3 branch?

The long-term goal is for the differences between FreeBSD PAO and
plain FreeBSD to lessen.  The RELENG_3_2_PAO branch is intended to
facilitate this goal.

Warner