Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:06:19 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To:        Gregor Bittel <Gregor.Bittel@GMX.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mounting Zip disks

--------------9E52679307D592894DF9CB12

Gregor Bittel wrote:

> >Hiya,
> >
> >When I try the same, this is what I get:
> >
> >bash-2.03# mount -t msdos /dev/wfd0s4 /mnt/zip
> >msdos: /dev/wfd0s4: Device not configured
> >bash-2.03# ls -l /dev/wfd0s4
> >brw-r-----  1 root  operator    1, 0x00050002 Feb 10 12:49 /dev/wfd0s4
> >bash-2.03#
> >
> >I have configured my kernel for ATAPI floppies. This is in my kernel
> >config file:
> >
> >options         ATAPI           #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
> >options         ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM
> >device          acd0            #IDE CD-ROM
> >device          wfd0            #IDE Floppy (e.g. LS-120)
> >
> >Any idea?
> >
> >Ernst
> >

> Hi,
> what says your dmesg.boot?
>
> It should look like:
> >wdc1: unit 1 (atapi): <IOMEGA ZIP 100 ATAPI/23.D>, removable, intr, iordis
> >wfd0: medium type unknown (no disk)
> >wfd0: buggy Zip drive, 64-block transfer limit set
>
> Does your kernel-config-file also contain the lines
> "#IDE controller and disks" with the entries for wd0-wd3?"

Uhmmm, dmesg.boot _used_ to contain the IOMEGA ZIP blah, but it doesn't
anymore. Thanx for the ptr. I will look into it. Probably my kernel
config, as you suggested.

Ernst
--------------9E52679307D592894DF9CB12

begin:vcard
n:de Haan;Ernst
tel;fax:+31 (0)26 3645634
tel;work:+31 (0)26 3623895
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.znerd.demon.nl/
org:Jollem
adr:;;Rozendaalselaan 35;Velp;GLD;6881 KZ;Netherlands
version:2.1
email;internet:ernst@jollem.com
title:Java Architect
fn:Ernst de Haan