| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
> So, I bought this ultra-slim Sony notebook (Vaio SR-5K) and it has
> both USB and Firewire ports on it.  That got me thinking.  Has
> anyone tried to develop IP drivers for either of those?

I got an SMC USB 10bT adapter for free with my cable modem (they had
ISA, USB and PCMCIA, so I took the USB for novelty).  It must be really
really cheap to make.  shopper.com lists several for about $30, and 100bT
for $35.  On the other hand, the "USB to USB" cable by SMC is $40!

Pretty neat to see kldload usb, kldload if_kue, usbd -e, and poof, a
new interface.

--Ben