Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 21:43:26 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Brian Beattie <beattie@aracnet.com>
Cc:        Masafumi NAKANE/=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aic0 on -current

In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.980920100538.3358B-100000@shell2.aracnet.com> Brian Beattie writes:
: Currently the aic driver is not supported by cam.  The aic driver supports
: controllers base on the 6260/6360 chip from adaptec, this list as far as I
: know is 152x, 1510, 1505, 1640 (pcmcia), and some other that slip my mind
: right now.

The 1520, 1522, 1522A and 1520A (to expand the x a little).  The non-A
versions use the aic6260, while the A versions use the 6360.  I've
heard rumors of a AP or B version of these cards that are just like
the A version, except they do plug and play.  There is also a cute
little card that Justin loaned me that is labeled aha-1502 [sic] which
has a 6360 on it, and little else (the card is 1" tall, ISA length).
There is also the 1515 card that I've seen references to.

The PCMCIA field has about 20 pcmcia cards that have these babies in
them.  Other than adaptech's offereing (which I think would be a 14xx
numbered card, since 16xx numbered cards were microchannel), I don't
know which cards use this.

Warner