Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 1995 05:53:56 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Piero@strider.ibenet.it
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help files to translate

> > Sorry, I thought that was clear!
>
> Mmm I suggest you post a correction, then, because your original
> message was:
>
> Quoting from Jordan K. Hubbard:
> > 2. Look at /usr/src/release/sysinstall/help/${LANG}/* and see if you
> >    can help John create a language-specific section for whichever
>
> And these files (at least on thud) refer to 2.0.5R.
>
> > The components required for just the boot floppy are still not nailed
> > down, however, so you might end up translating a lot more than you
> > need to!
>
> So, what dou you suggest? Shall I wait for a 'go!' from you?

Sorry about the confusion, what I meant by all that is as follows:

 We have some internationalized stuff already in sysinstall/help/${LANG},
all of which needs to be folded into /usr/src/share/doc/handbook/???
someplace.  No further work should take place in help/${LANG}!  That
whole directory hierarchy under sysinstall is going away!

 This means that the "install guides" should probably come over first
since they bear the closest resemblance to what eventually became part
of doc/handbook/install.sgml - you just need to basically copy install.sgml
for all the SGML formatting directives and drop your new translated text
in (where appropriate to replace the english text) from the old
help/${LANG}/install.hlp file.

   Following that, we should go though every other file in help/${LANG} and
figure out where it should go in the handbook.  I suppose I should do that
job on the english stuff with John first so that the translators sort of
have a "script" to follow in doing the others..

That's the general plan, anyway.  Once all the stuff is folded over,
John and I can "ifdef" the subsections we actually want on the floppy
and I'll work in /usr/src/release/Makefile to generate an appropriate
tree of html files during the build process.

					Jordan