Date:      Mon, 18 Apr 2016 15:40:57 +0100
From:      Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org>
To:        George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>
Cc:        Jason Bacon <bacon4000@gmail.com>, freebsd-infiniband@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Would like to expand out the FreeBSD Infiniband page

Wiki accounts are self-created.  But they don't enable write access, so =
it's
not much use.  The main page on the wiki with instructions for obtaining
write access is here:

  https://wiki.freebsd.org/AboutWiki

In short, after creating a wiki account (already done - 'JustinClift'), =
FreeBSD developer needs to email the wiki admins:

  "To get access to edit pages please have a developer email clusteradm@ =
on
   your behalf. Note that moinmoin (the wiki software) uses the =
convention
   of FirstLast name (e.g.SimonNielsen) for user names, so it's =
preferred
   if people follow this style. Thereafter you need someone who is =
already
   in DevelopersGroup to add you to the DevelopersGroup page to allow =
access
   to edit pages. You can poke your mentor or another committer for =
this."

The DevelopersGroup list is here:

  https://wiki.freebsd.org/DevelopersGroup

George, you're on it.  Would you be ok to do the email thing to =
clusteradm@
for myself, and Jason if he's still up for it, then add us to the
DevelopersGroup page?

+ Justin

On 18 Apr 2016, at 15:10, George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com> =
wrote:
> Anyone can apply for a Wiki account I believe.
>=20
> Best,
> George
>=20
>=20
> On 18 Apr 2016, at 9:09, Jason Bacon wrote:
>=20
>> I inquired about this a year or two ago and never saw a response. I'm =
wondering if the original author(s) are still around.  The current page =
is not just minimal, but also outdated.  I don't think it has been =
touched for a few years and I'm concerned it might give people the wrong =
impression about the state of IB support on FreeBSD.
>>=20
>> I think updating the wiki should be a priority at this point and I'd =
be willing to contribute some time to cleaning it up if I had access.