Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 23:00:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lahey Fortran95/Linux Express v5.5 Edition and FBSD 4.1-STABLE

Dear Sirs.
Our idepartment is using a commercial Fotran95 product from Lahey on
some Linux and M$ WinNT boxes. A big project runs comletely on WinNT,
some educational projects are running on some Linux boxes. Now, with
some changes in our structures of the department, we want to unify
some parts of software-affords so we look for a solution for FreeBSD
(our local backbone system is based on FreeBSD an we do not want to
change :-)).

Well, Lahey Fortran95 Linux Expressv5.5 seems not to run in Linux emulation
mode on our SMP FreeBSD systems. Is any out here who's experiences
with Fortran95 compilers on FreeBSD boxes with precission numerical libraries?
Is Lahey F95 v5.5 capable of being used in Linux-emulation mode on a FBSD
box?

Thanks,

Gruss O. Hartmann