Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 1997 08:17:34 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Ari Suutari <ari.suutari@ps.carel.fi>
Subject:   Re: /var/run/natd.pid request

> I finally figured out how to get natd working, and I have a little
> suggestion: stuff the natd PID in /var/run/natd.pid. from my experiments
> when the translating interface's address is dynamic (and using -dynamic
> option), the natd process requires a SIGHUP to make the change to the
> new address. If the natd PID is available, then it will simply the process.

I've cc'd this to Ari Suutari (the author).  I don't have any problem
with this idea.

I did however think that the address change was transparent (reading the
routing socket), but I havn't looked at the code.

> --mark.

I'll get natd into the mainline sources by the end of the week (version
1.6).
--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.org>;