Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:09:40 -0600
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        Nicolas de Bari Embriz Garcia Rojas <nbari@inbox.im>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: add more swap to jail within a jail

On Mar 26, 2013, at 5:55 AM, Nicolas de Bari Embriz Garcia Rojas =
<nbari@inbox.im> wrote:

> Hi, how can I add more swap space within a jail ?
>=20
> I have a jail  with limited resources via rctl with somethiing like:
>=20
> jail:myjail:maxproc:deny=3D50
> jail:myjail:memoryuse:deny=3D512M
> jail:myjail:swapuse:deny=3D512M
>=20
> But I want to know it it is  possible to add jail disk space to
> increment the swap ?
>=20
> I am  trying to compile gearmand/boots-libs but I can't since eats to
> much memory.
>=20
> An initial solution is to add the swap on the host, but is there a way
> to do it within the jail so that the (root user/admin) doesn't have to
> bother the host admin.

I jail does not have its own virtual memory subsystem so I doubt this is =
possible or advisable. And even if the host admin configures it, swap =
space should NOT be directly readable from a jail as it will likely =
contain data from external processes which the jail should not have =
access to.

JN