Date:      Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:43:42 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Tim Kellers" <timothyk@wallnet.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Clint Olsen <clint.olsen@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: www/linux-flashplugin7 fails to fetch

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 13:53:37 -0600, Tim Kellers <timothyk@wallnet.com>  =

wrote:

> Clint Olsen wrote:
>> Apparently this is not just a transient problem:
>>
>> =3D> fp7_archive.zip doesn't seem to exist in
>> /usr/ports/distfiles/flashplugin.
>> =3D> Attempting to fetch from
>> http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/.=

>> fetch: fp7_archive.zip: local modification time does not match remote=

>> =3D> Attempting to fetch from
>> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/flashplugin/.
>> fetch:
>> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/flashplugin/fp7_arc=
hive.zip:
>> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>> =3D> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>> =3D> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/flashplugin and try agai=
n.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Clint
rg"

> =3D> fp7_archive.zip doesn't seem to exist in  =

> /usr/ports/distfiles/flashplugin.
> =3D> Attempting to fetch from  =

> http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/.
> fp7_archive.zip                               100% of   37 MB  789 kBp=
s  =

> 00m00s
> =3D=3D=3D>  Extracting for linux-flashplugin-7.0r73
>
> I csuped my sources last night and ran this just 5 minutes ago.  Is yo=
ur  =

> ports tree up to date?

His ports tree is up to date. The problem is that linux-flashplugin7's  =

name of distfile doesn't change, so most users will have to do the 'make=
  =

distclean' or delete distfile by manual before fetch it. I am not sure w=
hy  =

in the latest version of linux-flashplugin7 doesn't has  =

DIST_SUBDIR=3D${PORTNAME}/${PORTVERSION} anymore that is a better soluti=
on  =

for that problem than DIST_SUBDIR=3D${PORTNAME}.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Tim

-- =

mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/  -  gnome@FreeBSD.org
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia@FreeBSD.org