Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 2009 04:46:41 -0400
From:      grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Update ... CD install 7.2RC1

dell 2350 bluford mobo p4 non-htt ich4 award acpi bios
pri master = 9GB of zeros
pri slave = <empty>
sec master = gcr-8481b
sec slave = sh-s182d
All firmwares are current.

I'm able to boot 7.1R disc1 from sec master.
I load 7.1R fixit livefs in the opposing drive, remove the 7.1R
boot disc1 and insert 7.2RC-1 disc1. Then do dd | sha256 from fixit
on the 7.2RC-1 disc1. Hashes match.

I'm able to boot 7.1R disc1 from sec slave.
I load 7.1R fixit livefs in the opposing drive, remove the 7.1R
boot disc1 and insert 7.2RC-1 disc1. Then do dd | sha256 from fixit
on the 7.2RC-1 disc1. Hashes match.

So my drives boot 7.1R disc1 and read the raw iso's fine and
something's up with 7.2RC-1 disc1 booting on this hardware.
Unfortunately I get NO output on the console when booting this disc1
so I'm at a loss. The drive lights up, after the drive's insert
disc tasting sequence is complete and the disc is still spun up,
so the system does read and try to boot something off the drive for
sure. Then it silently passes to the bios/onboard netboot.

The discs were written on the above writer. So I'm stuck... with
cdrecord, installing 7.1R, copying in 7.2RC-1's loader and building
RELENG_7. No big deal right :) If I have time, I'll do a RELENG_7
make relase and see what that disc1 does for me.