Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:52:15 -0400
From:      Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: BSD User Group Tips

Sheesh, Ted, you make the Linux users sound like a bunch of little bitches
or something.  Not that I think your point was invalid, but this was a
funny way of phrasing it.  That "Mary can you help me" line just has me
imagining a group of Linux users sitting around doing each others nails or
something.

Anyway, I do get the sense from my readings that Linux users like feeling a
part of something revolutionary, and that sense of community is big part of
their choice for the OS.  BSD folks just seem to either (a) appreciate
well-designed technology or (b) just want to get something done.  But
changing the world is at best a by-product of real work for us.

--Chip Morton