Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:16:27 -0500
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        Heino Tiedemann <rotkap@gmx.de>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What the hell is going on with mplayer?

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 04:35:15PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Heino Tiedemann <rotkaps_spam_trap@gmx.de> (from Thu, 13 Jul =20
> 2006 15:23:07 +0200):
>=20
> >I just wanted to so a simple ??portupgrade mplayer-gtk??, and see what
> >habens:
> >

> >** Detected a package name change: mplayer-gtk (multimedia/mplayer)  =20
> >-> 'mplayer-gtk2-esound' (multimedia/mplayer)
> >                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >                    What a surprise, name change. Not mentioned in UPDAT=
ING
>=20
> Does it needs to be mentioned? portupgrade is able to handle it =20
> without *special* instructions in UPDATING.

This port should not set its name based on configured (or in this case
automagicaly detected and thus ever changing) features unless it does so
as part of a slave port.  This has been a minor annoyance for ages.  The
port should be named mplayer, always.

-- Brooks

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5--