Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 12:09:19 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Thomas Wuerfl <thomaswuerfl@gmx.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware 2.0.4

At 4:41 PM +0200 5/20/02, Thomas Wuerfl wrote:
>Ok. I did that. Network is running now.  But means "host-only"
>mean that i  can't communicate between the guest and host os?
>That would be rather useless. I get no dhcp-service from
>vmware in the guest os and I can't assign vmnet1 an ip-adress
>that is in the same subnet with my rl0 - ip - address.
>Any fixes?

Hmm.  Well, I am afraid that I am not much of an expert on
this.  I am just another user of vmware2.  In my case I go
into the OS running in my virtual machine, and assign an
IP address just as if that OS were running on the real
hardware.  So, in my case, I am assigning it a real IP
address on the same subnet as my real machine.

If you can not do that, then try creating a symlink for
vmnet0 the same way you did for vmnet1, and then use
the network option you had been using before.  Perhaps
that will work OK for you.