Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:44:06 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: axe(4) with Ax88178 and Ax88772 support (update)

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 22:07, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 April 2007 21:58, J.R. Oldroyd wrote:
> > On Apr 02, 23:00, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > > Could you install the new USB stack and see if your AXE device works?
> >
> > I have tested the Ax88772 import in your new USB stack.
> >
> > It does move packets, but rx is very slow.
> >
> > Tx gets me around 650-750 kB/s on a large file scp.
> > Rx gets me only 35 kB/s on the same file.
> >
> > By comparisson, this driver in the current USB stack in 6-stable
> > gets me full speed for both tx and rx.
> >
> > Haven't had time to debug but will try to over the next few
> > days.
>
> Good that it works. You know that there is a sysctl, hw.usb.axe.debug, that
> you can set to 15, to see what is going on.

It might have something to do with me setting burst size to the maximum, which
didn't work at all, according to you, in the old USB stack.

Hope to hear from you soon.

--HPS

PS: If you didn't know, you can save some debugging time by loading/unloading
the if_axe module instead of building a new kernel every time you make a
change to the source code.