Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:45:59 -0500
From:      Steve Loftis <sloftis@aok.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   System hangs after X hours

I recently installed FreeBSD 5.1 and I am completely impressed with it.
I really enjoy just how it works so well.

My only real problem is this... after my system staying on for a while,
it just simply quits responding. The screen goes black, the input
devices such as mouse and keyboard don't help bring it back either. I
have to press the reset button. Once it goes to the bootloader, the
keyboard still doesn't work.

So i unplug the keyboard and mouse, and plug it back in while the system
is off (these are PS/2 peripherals, btw). After I do that, it works just
fine, but that is until it decides to quit responsing, oncemore.

Any insight into this? I have modified my kernel, but only to add sound
support. Help would be greatly appreciated.

--Steve-0