Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 11:25:46 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dwalton@psiint.com (Dave Walton)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Honeywell 3 button mouse

> > Everything you never wanted to know about DEC mice:
>      [plus even more from Mike Smith]
>
> It seems like DEC and Honeywell used similar ideas in their mice.
> However, there is one little detail I couldn't figure out from your
> descriptions.  In a Decstation mouse, which part actually passes through
> the belly of the mouse?  Is the whole wheel external, with just the shaft
> entering the mouse, or is the wheel internal, with one edge sticking out
> through a slot in the mouse?
>
> In the Honeywell mouse, the entire wheel is outside the mouse body
> (fitting into an indentation in the belly) with just the shaft entering
> the mouse.

Same for the DEC mouse; only the shaft goes in the case.

> > Using two of their massive plastic coated T connectors and four
> > of their massive plastic coated terminators and one ordinary T
> > connector, along with one hocky puck mouse, it's easy to create
> > a fairly realistic model of the starship Enterprise:
>
> Sometimes you worry me...

8-).

> > ===========================================================================
> > Terry's DEC Enterprise model (ask about our other kits)
> > ===========================================================================
>
> Ok...  What other kits do you have? :)

There's the two-QBUS-continuity-card "butterfly"...

There's the "console baud selector" planetary defense pod...

There's the 4 terminator/2 'T' connector/1 modem "Shuttlecraft Galileo"...

There's the "all the DEC and non-DEC ethernet connectors in the
whole department" model of "Space Station Freedom".

And there's the three TK-50 "Borg collective ship"...

8-). 8-).

> > I'm suprised that no one else realised this -- after all, the VAX/VMS
> > system clock starts at Stardate 1.  8-).
>
> What exactly is Stardate 1?

The first spaceflight.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org