Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:47:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        gjb@semihalf.com
Cc:        arm@FreeBSD.org, embedded@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple virtual mappings considered harmful on ARM

In message: <494BAA90.7000801@semihalf.com>
            Grzegorz Bernacki <gjb@semihalf.com> writes:
: 2. Root cause.
: So we end up with at least two virtual addresses for each page.
: 4. More general solution.
: This is the second time we indentified a problem of the same nature related to
: multiple virtual mapping on ARM, and are wondering about some more general
: solution that would prevent us from such problems (very subtle and hard to
: nail down) in the future. We were thinking at least about an extension to
: DIAGNOSTIC that would detect such attempts or so. Any other suggestions or
: comments welcome.

I think this is an excellent idea.  MIPS will need this too, since it
too suffers from the virtual aliasing problem.

Warner