Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2017 19:17:15 +0100
From:      David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Oleg Lelchuk <oleglelchuk@gmail.com>, FreeBSD Toolchain <freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: libcxxrt seems to lack some features that are present in libc++abi

On 29 Jul 2017, at 17:55, Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> The demangler in libcxxrt is indeed rather old, and we should replace =
it
> with something newer.  I'm not sure if the demangler of libc++abi is =
the
> right one yet, since upstream seems to still be discussing which of
> their three (or thereabouts) demanglers should be *the* LLVM =
demangler.
>=20
> Ed, IIRC you had some looks at this before, do you have any =
preference?

I spoke to the ELF Toolchain maintainer a little while ago and pointed =
out that the demangler that we got from there lacked some features.  =
Maybe we can persuade him to add support for r-value references?

Ideally, I=E2=80=99d like to make the one in libcxxrt a weak symbol and =
ship the LLVM one in a separate library - it=E2=80=99s very big, so =
linking it into things like devd would be silly, but anything that=E2=80=99=
s dynamically linking libc++ would probably not notice the increase in =
code size.

David