Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:10:25 +0100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl>
To:        Wen Hui <andwen@21cn.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: hello

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 07:35:38PM +0800, Wen Hui wrote:
> My computer only have four megabytes of RAM .
>
> Is there any chance I can install FreeBSD on my computer?

Yes and no...
If you want to try it, you'll have to go back to the 2.2.x releases.
But it'll swap the hell out of your harddisks and there isn't really
anything you can do on the machine further. Memory is more important
than CPU-speed btw, you should have enough that you, in general,
don't have swapping.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis   |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions:
mavetju@chello.nl |                     http://fataldimensions.nl.eu.org/