Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 18:53:17 +0100
From:      Henning Meier-Geinitz <henningmg@gmx.de>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD SANE port

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 01:04:15AM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> By definition the patch to a GPL'ed program is GPL'ed.  This `patch-ae'
> is GPL'ed.

Fine. I just wanted to be sure.

> The only question is one of ownership.  Does the SANE group
> insist on owning all the code in SANE as the FSF does with GCC, or do you
> not really care?

We don't really care. First, there is no "SANE group" (only loosely
organised contributers on the mailing list). Second all the code is
owned by the contributers. For the backends we add the names of
programmers to the file AUTHORS. For smaller parts (e.g. patches) we
state the author in the ChangeLog entries.

Should I just add: "Patches from FreeBSD ports collection" or your
name (or whoever wrote the patch)?

Thanks for the answer,

Henning