Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 06:15:53 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell Latitude CPx J - good match for 4-STABLE?

John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com> wrote:

>I've searched the archives for -questions, -mobile, and -stable and it appears
>that most people are having reasonable success using FreeBSD with a Dell
>Latitude CPx J laptop. Can anybody confirm that for me?

On the whole it worjed fine for me, except for a BIOS bug that broke
suspending within X. I put a wrapper around zzz to switch VCs away
from X when the machine was suspended which solved the problem. It
should have used `vidcontrol -s` but I wrote it in C due to ignorance.

You might also be able to solve the problem by upgrading the BIOS.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch      fanf@covalent.net      dot@dotat.at