Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 1995 05:19:53 +0000 ()
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        gvw@brainaid.oche.de, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 210R Install Feedback

Jordan K. Hubbard stands accused of saying:

> > 1. I boot my 2.0.5R system and OS/2 from the OS/2 Bootmanager. I installed
> >    210R to sd2 and told sysinstall not to touch the bootblock.
> >    Afterwards the bootmanager was deactivated, and the system booted the
> >    old 205R partition by default. Hmm.
>
> This seems to be a problem, but neither Poul-Henning and I can figure
> out why.  I literally don't write to a disk that's not selected,
> yet people are telling me the boot blocks are getting touched for their
> first drive anyway.  I can't figure it out.

The OS/2 bootmangler lives in a partition all to itself; I would guess
you're changing the active partition to point to the FreeBSD partition
(or the user is in the installer)

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[