Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 14:47:44 +0200
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        Giannis Vlachos <gvlachos@kerkyra.ionio.gr>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Script for dialup users

[Stripped off -hackers]

On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 10:11:24AM +0300, Giannis Vlachos wrote:
> Hello to anyone on the lists of FreeBSD.
>
> I have build my dialup server on Freebsd 2.2.2 version.

You should make sure you have the ppp-aware getty or better upgrade to
a 2.2.5 or higher.

> The users who they are connected using Win95 need a script
> for automatically login (Not the old fashion type with the
> black window verifacation login : and Password: )
>
> I try one . It takes the login name correctlly but at the password
> the script halted and i have to continue manually and to type the password
> by hand.

I'm using a 2.2.5 machine for Win95 users dialing in and they don't need
any special scripting. Just specify username/password in the Win95
Dialup Network connection dialog and you'll be there.

create a pppuser with login shell /usr/local/bin/ppplogin.sh.
This all is in 2.2.5+

Below that you should get

ftp://ftp.freebsd.sol.net/incoming/pppgetty.tar.gz