Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:59:25 +0200
From:      Langa Kentane <evablunted@earthling.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, linux-admin@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject:   Network backup solution

Hi

I am very new to Unix and have am have a task that i need to do but don't know how to solve.  Maybe you can help.

I need to backup my FreeBSD 3.2-R server from a Linux box.  The linux box is fitted with a HP tape drive and our budget doesn't allow us to take the easy way out and just buy another tape drive when I know for sure that there should be a way to backup over the network.

What do I need to do to be able to do this?  Any suggestions?

--

Langa Kentane                   | Tel: +27 82 928 1952
Manager: Networks Operations    | http://www.sunnet.co.za