Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:48:49 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 2.2.7 to Current

On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 01:17:53AM -0700, William Woods wrote:
> Is there a FAQ somewhere that deals with the steps nessary to upgrade from
> 2.2.7-STABLE to -CURRENT?

If you're planning on doing this by installing the sources and running
'make world' then see section 18.4 of the Handbook before you start.

If I understand correctly there is currently an issue with bootstrapping
the build, and commands like

    # make buildworld

will need to have the flag "-m /usr/src/sys/mk" passed, like

    # make -m /usr/src/sys/mk buildworld

so. Other than that, it's believed to work fine.

"Last night I had a dream. I found myself in a desert called Cyberland. It was
hot, my canteen had sprung a leak and I was thirsty. Out of the abyss walked a
cow, Elsie. I asked if she had anything to drink. She said `I'm forbidden to
produce milk. In Cyberland we only drink. . . Diet Coke.'" -- Maureen, _Rent_