Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:09:44 +0200
From:      Lapo Luchini <lapo@lapo.it>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LIB_DEPENDS & dealing with libraries which don't show up in  ldconfig -r

bf wrote:
>> Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
>>> what is the process for dealing with libraries as dependencies
>>> which don't show up in ldconfig -r????
>>>
>> Problem solved
>> Instead of trying to list the .so file as a dependency, list the .jar
>> file which is part of jicmp instead.
>>
>> BUILD_DEPENDS=  ${JAVAJARDIR}/jicmp.jar:${PORTSDIR}/net/jicmp
>
> Yes, but you may have to add it to RUN_DEPENDS as well

So BUILD+RUN instead of LIB is the "best" solution?
Then I guess that applies also to devel/monotone which need to depend on
security/botan in next release... (see also ports/133026).

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.” (Jeremy S. Anderson)